I am Monica Williams and I’m currently an Enterprise Content Planner and Newscast Producer working with the Investigative and Enterprise Team at ABC 15 Arizona. As journalists we need to think about where people are consuming news and meet them there. That is why I have focused my education and work on bridging the gap between television and digital content.
I have had the privilege of leading a team of reporters, producers and digital content producers through important moments such as the 2018 General Election. I worked with reporters to create a seamless delivery system of up-to-date polling numbers, as well as interviews with local candidates. Leading up to the election, I worked alongside other managers to create a workflow for how the night would run and the means by which reporters and the newsroom would communicate.
In addition to planned special coverage, I have also worked through a number of breaking news incidents including a cross-town shooting spree, two false active-shooter calls at local hospitals, and the deaths of prominent figures such as Charles Manson and Long-time Bakersfield Mayor Harvey Hall.
If you would like to know even more about my work, I can be contacted via email at monica.williams@ABC15.com.
ABC15 Arizona – KNXV: Phoenix, Ariz.
Enterprise Content Planner & Newscast Producer | June 2019 – Present
– Content Planner: Seek out engaging and impactful stories. Conduct interviews and write news packages. Track public records requests and ensure they are being fulfilled. Newscast Producer: Create dynamic and informative shows that capture an audience. Prioritize story selection with the audience demographic top of mind.
23ABC- KERO: Bakersfield, Calif.
PM Executive Producer | June 2018 – May 2019
– Managed a staff of two producers, three reporters, two anchors and a digital content producer and photographer each day. Coordinated coverage plan with dayside managers and make assignments accordingly. Planed and hosted PM editorial meetings each day. Coordinated special event coverage including elections and debates.
News Producer | October 2017 – June 2018
– Produced a variety of newscasts. Wrote and posted web content to TurnTo23.com and social media platforms.
KSBW-TV: Salinas, Calif.
Associate Producer | October 2016 – October 2017:
– Produced a variety of newscasts including: 2 hour morning show, 5 p.m. weekday and 6 p.m. weekend shows. Wrote and posted web content to KSBW.com and social media platforms. Sent breaking news alerts via CMS system. Managed reporters and photographers as needed.
KCRA 3 News: Sacramento, Calif.
General News Assistant/Intern | January 2016- May 2016:
– Created and edited on-air copy for weekday morning show. Used ENPS System to track assignments.Corrdinated weekday morning in-studio interviews with local businesses and restaruants.
Newhouse School – Syracuse University:
M.S. in Communication- Specialization: Journalism Innovation
Graduated December 2017
California State University, Sacramento:
B.A. in Journalism- Minor in Communication Studies
Graduated May 2016
Palomar College – San Marcos, CA
A.S. University Studies: Media and Communication
A.A. General Studies: Arts and Humanities
Graduated May 2014